Keep one step ahead of the scammers by always remembering …
Scammers have ways of gleaning personal information.
If you have been targeted, it could be because you have responded to a criminal’s survey, tempting letter, phone call or advertisement.
Scammers make lists of all the people they have tricked and sell them to other criminal worldwide.
Scammers are very crafty people.
The psychology they use is very powerful, so powerful it can actually shut down a person’s normal thought process and make them focus on the fictitious prize, but not the money they’re sending to claim it.
Scammers sometimes refer people to a website to check their legitimacy.
Scammers can build very convincing websites.
Think! If it seems too good to be true, be suspicious and take advice.
- Don’t be rushed, don’t be hushed.
- Never send cash, disclose personal details or buy goods to claim a prize.
- Watch out for secret deals ‘get rich quick’ schemes and always seek professional advice before signing up to ANY type of investment Scheme.
- If you receive a suspicious phone call, remember you don’t have to get into discussion over the phone with anyone and NEVER talk money.
- Keep your business your business. Just say “No thank you, I’m not interested and hang up straight away.
Don’t get on the hook, hang up!
Criminals are always coming up with new and more convincing ways of parting people from their cash, or getting them to disclose personal information.
It would be impossible to cover all the scams out there.
There is no typical scam victim; anyone can fall for a scam if they are hit with the right scam at the right time.
Once your name is on a “victims” list, the only way to STOP RECEIVING scam mail is to STOP RESPONDING!
No genuine lottery or competition would ask you to buy goods or send money to claim a prize!